Sandra Rose reports,
A Texas judge threw the book at Pilar Sanders, the obstinate ex-wife of NFL legend Deion Sanders, for violating a child custody agreement by not returning his children to him on time. Pilar was booked into a Dallas jail on Tuesday where she will serve out a seven day sentence.
“Pilar hasn’t seen the children since August,” Sanders, 47, told Sandrarose.com via phone last month.
Deion said police were forced to kick in a door at Pilar’s residence when she refused to return the children to him after a visitation.
Deion sued Pilar last month after she took to Twitter.com to publicly disparage him via Tweets and audio links.
“My children are happy,” said Deion, who portrayed his ex as a desperate women who wants to derail his hit reality TV show on OWN Network, Deion’s Family Playbook, featuring his fiancée, producer Tracey Edmonds, and his extended family.
Pilar Sanders appeared in court in suburban Dallas without an attorney for a hearing requested by Deion Sanders’ attorney Rick Robertson who requested changes to the divorce decree and an injunction to stop her from disparaging her ex-husband.
As part of the ruling from Collin County District Judge Ray Wheless, Pilar Sanders’ visitation rights were suspended indefinitely and she was ordered to remove all statements that are damaging to her ex-husband, Robertson said.
“We won on all parts,” Robertson said.
Pilar Sanders was not immediately available for comment.
Check out what she posted on social media about her ex-husband Deion Sanders…
TODAY Show reports,
After being knocked unconscious, Janay says her first reaction was to be “done” with the relationship.
“I was furious,’’ Janay told Lauer. “We came home and we didn’t talk the entire ride. He tried to talk to me. I didn’t want to hear any of it. I just knew he hit me, and I was done. I just didn’t even want to entertain it. Any explanation.”
But Janay and Rice stayed together, getting married on March 28, just over a month after he was arrested and charged with third-degree aggravated assault for the attack.
“Of course in the back of my mind and in my heart I knew that our relationship wouldn’t be over because I know that this isn’t us and it’s not him,’’ Janay said of the elevator incident.
On Friday, Rice successfully appealed the indefinite suspension handed down by the NFL in September following the release of surveillance video in which he was seen assaulting his then-fiancee. Rice had been requesting reinstatement to the league ever since his contract was terminated by the Ravens on Sept. 8. He is now eligible to sign with any NFL team.
The heavy criticism over the NFL’s handling of the situation led the league to revamp its policies regarding domestic violence.
In a post on her Instagram account the day after the Ravens let Rice go, Janay called the situation “a horrible nightmare” and said, “If your intentions were to hurt us, embarrass us, make us feel alone, take all happiness away, you’ve succeeded on so many levels.”
Further excerpts from Lauer’s interview will be released on Sunday, Nov. 30, with clips airing on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” “Nightly News,” and “Sunday Night Football.” Additional footage will be available on TODAY.com. Watch the interviews on TODAY on Monday and Tuesday.
Gossip Cop reports,
Quintavious Johnson sang an INCREDIBLE rendition of the national anthem before the Chicago Bears-Detroit Lions NFL game on Thanksgiving. The 12-year-old “America’s Got Talent” sensation flawlessly belted out the “Star-Spangled Banner” to an appreciative crowd at Ford Field. Check out the video below!
Viewers of “America’s Got Talent” know what an insanely gifted performer Johnson is. He received two standing ovations during the show’s season finale in September. Mel B called him a “joy to watch,” adding, “You’re only 12 and you sing with that much emotion and passion.
Ft.Worth Star Telegram reports,
Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle was arrested by Frisco police Monday night for shoplifting “a bottle of cologne and underwear,” according to a source.
Officer Chad Laprelle, a spokesman for the Frisco police department, confirmed that Randle was arrested on a Class B misdemeanor for a theft between $50-$500. Randle, 22, was caught stealing via video surveillance.
The Cowboys have not commented on the incident, nor has Randle or his agents.
Randle, who joined the Cowboys as a fifth-round pick in 2013 out of Oklahoma State, signed a four-year, $2.3 million rookie contract, including a $188,820 signing bonus. His base salary this season is $495,000.
Randle was transported to the Frisco city jail and was released after posting bond.
The arrest came one day after Randle enjoyed a breakout game in the Cowboys’ 30-23 victory against the Seattle Seahawks.
He rushed five times for 52 yards, including a 38-yard scamper in the first quarter to set the tone against Seattle’s top-ranked run defense.
Randle also had a key tackle on special teams.
Now the question is how this arrest will impact his status with the Cowboys.
The team recently instituted a zero tolerance police regarding charges and arrests for crimes, including domestic violence.
Rihanna has a few choice words for CBS.
In a couple of tweets today (Sept. 16), the “Diamonds” singer blasted the network for canceling her “Run This Town” rendition for this NFL season’s “Thursday Night Football” series. “CBS you pulled my song last week, now you wanna slide it back in this Thursday? NO, Fuck you! Y’all are sad for penalizing me for this,” the 26-year-old megastar tweeted.
The 2009 song with Jay Z and Kanye West was set to air on Sept. 11, but given the controversy surrounding former ex-NFL player Ray Rice’s domestic violence case, CBS decided to cut the scheduled opener, which included an oration from actor Don Cheadle.
A warrant for the arrest of Adrian Peterson, one of the National Football League’s top stars, was issued Friday after he was charged in a child abuse investigation in Texas, the latest criminal case to rock the country’s most popular sport.
The charges against Peterson, a running back for the Minnesota Vikings regarded as one of the best in history, came after the police investigated claims that he had abused his son while disciplining him with a switch, or a small tree branch.
Peterson, through a lawyer, quickly sought to play down his behavior, saying he had engaged only in stern parenting.
“Adrian is a loving father who used his judgment as a parent to discipline his son,” his lawyer, Rusty Hardin, said, adding that Peterson, 29, had experienced such discipline as a child in East Texas. “Adrian has never hidden from what happened.”
The news of Peterson’s indictment comes barely two weeks into the N.F.L. season and at a time when the league is reeling from controversy. The N.F.L.’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, has been under siege over his handling of a domestic abuse case involving another star running back — Ray Rice, who on Monday was released by the Baltimore Ravens. The release of footage of Rice punching his fiancée, who is now his wife, prompted the N.F.L. to suspend Rice indefinitely, after initially giving him a two-game ban. It also led the N.F.L. to order an outside investigation into how league officials investigated the case.
As of Friday, Peterson had not been arrested, according to a statement from the Montgomery County sheriff’s office.
The league has allowed San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Ray McDonald, who was arrested in late August after an altercation with his pregnant fiancée, and Carolina Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy, who is appealing his July conviction on two domestic violence charges, to remain on the field.
The Vikings, who play host to the New England Patriots on Sunday, said Peterson had been deactivated and would not play in the game. He has cooperated with law enforcement in the case and testified before a grand jury for several hours, Hardin said.
The Vikings said in a statement that they were “in the process of gathering information regarding the legal situation involving Adrian Peterson.” They deferred questions to Hardin.
A law enforcement official says he sent a video of Ray Rice punching his then-fiancee to an NFL executive five months ago, while league executives have insisted they didn’t see the violent images until this week.
The person played The Associated Press a 12-second voicemail from an NFL office number on April 9 confirming the video arrived. A female voice expresses thanks and says: “You’re right. It’s terrible.”
The law enforcement official, speaking to the AP on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation, says he had no further communication with any NFL employee and can’t confirm anyone watched the video. The person said he was unauthorized to release the video but shared it unsolicited, because he wanted the NFL to have it before deciding on Rice’s punishment.
The NFL has repeatedly said it asked for but could not obtain the video of Rice hitting Janay Palmer – who is now his wife – at an Atlantic City casino in February.
The league says it has no record of the video, and no one in the league office had seen it until it was released by TMZ Monday. When asked about the voicemail Wednesday, NFL officials repeated their assertion that no league official had seen the video before Monday.
“We have no knowledge of this,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told CBS News Wednesdayt. “We are not aware of anyone in our office who possessed or saw the video before it was made public on Monday. We will look into it.”
The person said he sent a DVD copy of the security camera video to an NFL office and included his contact information. He asked the AP not to release the name of the NFL executive, for fear that the information would identify the law enforcement official as the source.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday suspended running back Ray Rice indefinitely after a new video surfaced that shows the player punching his future wife in an elevator in February, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said on Twitter. The incident had originally led Goodell to suspend Rice for the first two games of the regular season.
Right before former New York Giants star Michael Strahan will be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame, he and model/VH1 star Nicole Murphy have called it quits on their five-year engagement, according to People Magazine.
“They love each other very much, but with the distance and work schedule it has been hard to maintain the relationship,” his rep says.
Sports Illustrated reports,
Pam Oliver is no longer Fox’s top NFL sideline reporter. And after this coming football season, she will no longer be a sideline reporter at all.
Oliver confirmed the news to Sports Illustrated on Sunday night that she will move to the network’s No. 2 team for her 20th NFL broadcasting season. Erin Andrews (below) has been elevated to the No. 1 sideline spot, joining the team of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. Oliver’s last season working as a reporter on the NFL will be spent with the No. 2 Fox team of Kevin Burkhardt and John Lynch.
After a painful couple of months, Oliver said the disappointment of that news has subsided and that she has accepted her new professional reality. But it was a shock last April when Fox Sports executives traveled to Atlanta, where she is based, to tell her in person that she would no longer hold the job that has been her professional life for two decades. Oliver says that while she respected Fox Sports president Eric Shanks and executive vice president of production John Entz delivering the news in person, she was stunned when they initially informed her that not only was she being removed from Fox’s No. 1 NFL team, but also that she was being taken off the NFL sidelines completely in 2014.
“To go from the lead crew to no crew was a little shocking,” Oliver said. “I said I wanted to do a 20th year [on the sidelines]. I expressed to them that I was not done and had something to offer. Again, I think it was predetermined coming in. Not at that meeting, but two years ago it was determined that no matter what I did or did not do, a change would be made for this year.”